- The official Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve site contains a wealth of information about the reserve. The information content at this site comes directly from the staff at the Reserve. Stacy Boyle and Scott Norman are the volunteer web developers for this site.
- The Nature Conservancy of California's Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve provides a history of the Plateau, information on conservation there and in the Tenaja corridor, and Team Stream's volunteer work there. (The National Nature Conservancy's Santa Rosa Plateau Site is a bit lacking in info still, providing only one paragraph of information along with an incongruous picture of a "Southern Sea Otter", none of which have ever been sighted on the Plateau....)
- Jim Grattan has provided an "unofficial" Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve web site at Nature Conservancy - Santa Rosa Plateau. He has 9 beautiful pictures, as well as a digitized version of the official map handed out at the Reserve and a list of the rules of the Reserve.
- Santa Rosa Plateau by Walter Lees has a "how to get there" map, three pictures, and bird sightings.
- A picture of the main vernal pool in Spring 1993, before the boardwalk was enhanced, is provided by G. Donald Bain.
Other sites I have found are more specialized:
- Sites providing pictures are given in views along with the author's caption for each photo.
- Sites describing vernal pools are given in vernal pools.
- A list of all bird sightings.
- Temecula History - A Chronology 1797-1969 and 1970-1993 compiled by Emily Gerstbacher contains quite a bit of Santa Rosa Plateau historical info - search for "Rosa" on each page.
- Tenaja Restoration Project (Rancho California Road, Tenaja, February 17, 2001), by Ted St. John.
Other references not contained here or in one of the links:
- Lathrop, Earl W & Robert F Thorne. A Flora Of The Santa Rosa Plateau, An Annotated List Of The Vascular Plants And The Plant Communities Of The Santa Rosa Plateau, Santa Ana Mountains. 1st ed. Southern California Botanists, 1985. 39 p. spiralbound, 11 figs.
- California Grasslands
If you know of a good site that I have not linked to, please email me.
For more information, see references and web links given in the documents linked to this page.
Copyright © 1996-2006 by Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to me at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Updated 27 February 2006.